Oak Leaf - White Oak Leaf - Watercolor
One Christmas season I wanted to do something different in decorating my packages so I went outside and looked thru the piles of leaves lying all over the yard. In sorting thru them I found some really great leaves...leaves with bug holes in them so when the light shined thru them there were those same shapes in the shadows. I loved them so much I chose two leaves and just had to paint them. When you hang the leaves one over the other the shadows pull them visually together into a great unit. My leaf pile was primarily Red Oak and White Oak leaves. I did spray paint many of the leaves gold and silver and had beautiful packages for the holidays.
This is the white oak leaf. Notice it has rounded lobes. This feature is its signature to let you know which type of oak tree it is. Giclee print sizes not shown here can be made to order.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)
A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from