Bird - Southern Screech Owl (Strigidae megascops asio) - Watercolor
The Eastern Screech Owl sleeps all day in nooks and crannies and is superbly camouflaged. His voice is a spooky mysterious trill in the night or a tremolo with decending whinny-like quality. He is the size of a pint glass jar and about 6" tall as you hold him in your hand and a real feather-weight. There are two morphs: rufous and gray. Giclee print sizes not shown here can be made to order.
It also works well with my series of 10 songbirds that are all painted to make a grouping. The grouping consists of Northern Flicker, Mockingbird on Holly, Bluebird on Nandina, Carolina Wren on Mahonia Berries, Cedar Waxwing, House Finch, Cedar Waxwings on Pyracantha Pair, Woodland Chickadee, and Southern Screech Owl. Giclee prints not shown here can be made to order.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.