Bird - Coming Home - (Whiskered Screech Owl, Otus trichopsis) - Carbon Pencil Drawing
One of the smallest owls is the ‘Whiskered Screech Owl”. He is a little guy common in oak woodlands above 5000’ and common where the desert gives way to oaks and sycamore near the Mexican border. This carbon pencil drawing shows him coming in for a landing with a moth for dinner. His mate to this drawing is "Hortense, a Screech Owl". Both are in a carbon pencil medium. This work can be other sizes made to order.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
This drawing is a personal study in carbon pencil inspired by a photograph by Elliot Porter 1979