Cedar Waxwings on Pyracantha II
This debonair bandit who wears a mask, arrives to visit you with all his relatives, landing in the same shrub, and proceeding to feed vigorously. Many times they get drunk on the ripe berries and wobble, wobble and topple onto the ground. And forty-five minutes later they all leave town. Together these pictures portray a flock of birds in the same shrub, relaying berries down to each other.
Hang these pictures right to left, left to right, or one over the other as the branches interconnect three ways each to give a good composition.
This painting is one of a series of 10 songbirds that are all painted to be a set to make a grouping. The grouping consists of Northern Flicker, Mockingbird on Holly, Bluebird on Nandina, Cedar Waxwing, House Finch, Woodland Chickadee, Carolina Wren on Mahonia Berries, Southern Screech Owl and are scaled to go with the two Cedar Waxwings on Pyracantha Berries. The largest size this piece can be made is around 7'x 4'. Other sizes not listed here can be made to order.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)
A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards (5"x7" blank inside)
- Coasters (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
This is a personal study in watercolor inspired by a photograph by Stephen McKnight.