Bird - Carolina Wren on Mahonia Berries - Watercolor
This Carolina Wren sits atop a Mahonia Shrub in my yard. She has found the perfect lunch and is protecting it from all the other birds. I love her coloration with the blue and lavender berries and the brightly colored foliage. This particular shrub, also known as the Oregon Grape, is a special plant to me. In the spring when it puts out its new growth of salmon colors it also drops its older leaves turning them red and yellow at the base (as it it were fall) showing them at the lower branches of the plant...and it also puts out its fruit at the same time. It's a springtime show piece of color especially with Mrs. Wren there to enjoy it. This painting is part of a series of 8 paintings so groupings can be made. The other paintings that go with it are Mockingbird on Holly, House Finch, Southern Screech Owl, Cedar Waxwing, Bluebird on Nandina, Northern Flicker, and Woodland Chickadee.
The largest size this piece can be made is around 5'x 5'. Sizes not shown here can be made if ordered.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.