Bird - Carolina Wren I - Watercolor
Mrs. Wren is just omnipresent. I painted her first and she is a bit more mature bird. Every place in my yard carries her rolling, bright song of amazing decibels of exclamation. She is a bit shy, has a cocked tail and beautiful cinnamon plumage…and she builds nests even inside my begonia pots. She has no shame.
This painting is part of a series of 8 paintings so groupings can be made. The other paintings that go with it are This painting is part of a series of 8 paintings so groupings can be made. The other paintings that go with it are White-breasted Nuthatch, Woodland Chickadee, Bluebird Morning, Bluebird Treat, White Throated Sparrow, Tufted Titmouse, Baltimore Oriole, and Carolina Wren.
The largest size this piece can be made is around 5'x 5'. Sizes not shown here can be ordered.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
This is a personal study in watercolor inspired by a photograph by an unknown photographer.