Bird - Carolina Wren II - Watercolor
Mrs. Wren is just omnipresent. This is the youngest of the two birds I painted. Every place in my yard carries her rolling, piercing song of amazing decibels of exclamation. She is a bit shy, has a cocked tail and beautiful cinnamon plumage…and she builds nests even inside my begonia pots. She has no shame.This painting is part of a series of 8 paintings so groupings can be made. The other paintings that go with it are White-breasted Nuthatch, Woodland Chickadee, Bluebird Morning, Bluebird Treat, White- throated Sparrow, Tufted Titmouse, Baltimore Oriole.
The largest size this piece can be made is around 5'x 5'. Sizes not shown here can be ordered.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
This is a personal study in watercolor inspired by a photograph by an unknown photographer.