Bird - Bluebirds - Watercolor
These cute bluebird faces bring joy to our springtime. Dr Zeleny of the Virginia Bluebird Society took a photograph similar to this when the birds were on a stump together. I believe we have these cute faces because he handfed and raised them so they knew who he was and were not afraid of him.
These birds are painted as part of a series of birds to all be hung together to be a set... or choose a pair. They hang well alone or with the Cardinals, Hummingbird, Chickadee or Goldfinch. The largest this image can be made is 5'x5'.Giclee print sizes not shown here can be made to order.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards – (5”x7” blank inside) Set of 6
- Coaster (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
This painting is a personal study in watercolor inspired by a photograph by Dr. Laurence Zeleny of the Virginia Bluebird Society, who lovingly raised and cared for these birds.