Butterfly - Baltimore 'Checkerspot' Butterflies - Watercolor
These butterflies are so distinctive in their patterning. The butterflies are beautiful and very recognizable. They are now sponsored by the City of Baltimore MD since these are on the endangered species list. They are revitalizing this beautiful butterfly species known as Euphydas phaeton. Butterfly Weed offers one of the nectars that they love most. Giclee sizes of this work that are not shown can be made to order. If you would like you can have two paintings to frame if you choose the cut this one in half. I did consider this when I made the composition.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper: not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)
A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Card
- Coaster (cork backed)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surfaces.
- Canvas stretching (with additional charge)
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from