August Afternoon - Watercolor
A Southern Porch in August...asbestos and all. The location is near Brunswick, GA. This painting brings back memories of shelling peas in the summertime in the porch swing and hoping to get the job done soon. Back when this was built they used asbestos shingles and it was the newest thing to not have wood that deteriorated...Today we use Hardy board which is about the same thickness and made of concrete. Brunswick is near the Georgia Coast and there was a nice breeze to offset the summer heat. The awning gives the painting a bit of a "stretched image" look like the old Edward Hopper paintings.
Reproduction Print - Four color off-set lithographic press process. Color lasts 10-15 years if hung in an area not brightly lit. Paper is not acid-free. The color misses being true to the original by about 8-10%.
Laser Print - Color lasts 15-30 years but misses being true to the original color by about 10%. Printed on a plastic coated paper stock, not acid-free. Laser print can be 10”x16” or smaller.
Giclee Print - Museum giclee prints last 200+ years. Printed on 400 lb cotton rag, acid free watercolor paper they duplicate the original within 1- 2%.
This image is available on:
- Bookmark with poem written by the artist
- Coffee Mug
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board in two sizes
- Tiles 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 also used for Wood framed Hot trivets
- Tile Mural (indoor or outdoor use)
A single image made by a group of tiles that can be grouted into a wall
- Hot Trivet (framed in a wood frame or unframed)
- Note Cards
- Coasters (cork backed ceramic tile)
- Images can also be printed on metal, plastic, or wood surface
- Canvas Stretching - available upon request with additional fee
- Framing available at less than wholesale prices...please ask. You will be able see everything thru the computer or phone to choose from.
- Commissions of your home are welcome